February 3, 2008

Rock & Republic Show Brings Out the Stars

With Mercedes Benz fashion week in full swing, the big show in New York City on Saturday night was held by Rock & Republic.

An attendee told of the setup: “The runway, it was raised, lacquered, and split down the middle by an orchestra pit filled with musicians performing enthusiastic accompaniments to recordings of songs like Layla and While My Guitar Gently Weeps.”

Celebrities making it out to check out the show, which started late (even by fashion industry standards), included Christina Milian, Joss Stone, Ellen Pompeo, Sophia Bush, Natasha Henstridge and Whitney Port.

While seated in the front row, Joss took a moment to speak to press about meeting First Lady Laura Bush at the Heart Truth Red Dress show a few days ago, saying: “I saw the Bush lady. I care for American politics because it affects the rest of the world so much, but I just don’t really care for the Bush family.”

The 20-year-old singer continued. “I’d actually met her before at the White House and it was like ‘Hey how are you,’ and then she was gone. I mean, to be fair, I guess she seemed like a nice enough chick, but I don’t really know.”

No comments:

Archive

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com